Whether for SME, sole proprietor or large corporate, Microsoft 365 offers a powerful suite of creative tools to manage everything from email and document creation to Cloud storage and computing, collaboration, communication and more.
To help you get a better understanding of Microsoft 365 and what it offers, we’ve put together a list of FAQs and answers below…
What is Microsoft 365 comprised of?
Microsoft 365 combines Windows 10, Office 365 as well as Enterprise Mobility and Security. What this means, in essence, is that you get a full-solution operating system and creative suite within a highly-secure platform that allows you to sync your workflows and communications across multiple devices.
What versions are there?
There are essentially three versions of Microsoft 365 to choose from:
- Business – ideal for companies with fewer than 300 employees and includes Office 365 and a host of other applications to help you manage your data, communications (via Skype), track team metrics, do invoicing and protect your online activities with robust security
- Enterprise – the teamwork-orientated version that prioritises collaborative working and communication through applications such as Yammer, Teams and Skype, file-sharing through Sharepoint and planning through Exchange.
- Education – this version promotes teamwork and creativity in a collaborative environment, supported by applications such as Office 365 Education and Intune. If you buy licenses for 30 or more people, you qualify for free instructors training from a certified Microsoft training partner.
What’s included within the Office 365 creative suite?
Depending on which license you select (from either the Home or Business offerings) you can select from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, 1TB of storage on OneDrive, Sharepoint, Teams, Access and Exchange.
What are some of the features and benefits I should know about?
Some of the most user-friendly features that Microsoft 365 offers include:
- Mobile Features – this tool offers management of your mobile devices to ensure seamless transition between your devices as you work and communicate
- Cloud Storage and Services – access to Microsoft’s OneDrive web-based storage and sharing, as well as access to the Office applications when you are not on your own main device. You also have access to Skype for Business, a powerful communication platform for scheduling and conducting online meetings and calls.
- Security – Microsoft 365 provides a number of security protocols to protect all aspects of your online transacting – from email to web browsing, file sharing and storage, all your activities benefit from Advanced Threat Protection.
- Management benefits – to keep things simple, Microsoft 365 allows management of users, settings and preferences from one central management dashboard.
- Cost savings and higher productivity – by offering a range of versions orientated around specific business needs, Microsoft 365 gives you the option to select exactly what suits you best, giving you better value for money and enhancing your business’s productivity.
How much does Microsoft 365 cost?
There are a number of different options within the Microsoft 365 suite – depending on what your requirements are, your version and therefore license cost will vary.
To find out more about how Microsoft 365 can benefit your business, and which version and package best suits your needs, contact one of our team today.