What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is an integrated package of various Microsoft products including Office 365, Windows 10 and enterprise-level security.
The term Microsoft 365 appeared back in 2017 as a licensing bundle for enterprise customers which combined Windows, Microsoft Office, and Enterprise Mobility and Security (EMS). Although the product title has remained the same it’s offering has evolved a great deal since then fully consuming the Office 365 brand name and has become the absolute productivity cloud.
For small and medium-sized businesses, Microsoft 365 can be the hub of the business with functionality that includes Microsoft Teams to host meetings and events online; protected cloud file storage and sharing to collaborate from anywhere; and security and identity solutions to safeguard your business. Depending on your selected package it also includes Windows 10, the operating system we all know and the Office products (previously known as Office 365).
Cambridge Support have been working with companies across the UK implementing and supporting fully managed Microsoft 365 solutions.
The Microsoft 365 product range comprises many levels and the most common levels include:
Microsoft 365 Business Basic
Previously known as Office 365 Business Essentials
Microsoft 365 Business Standard
Previously known as Office 365 Business Premium
Microsoft 365 Business Premium
Previously known as Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 Apps
Previously known as Office 365 Business & 365 ProPlus
What key features are included?
Microsoft 365 includes the following for organisations with up to 300 users
Upgrade to the safest version of Windows – Windows 10 Pro. Upgrade from Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Pro
- Intelligent security – Windows 10 is powered by advanced technology and cloud intelligence that proactively protects your business and its data.
- Regular updates – Updates mean that your infrastructure is optimised for maximum security and performance.
- Flexible management – Manage devices on your terms that support on-premises, cloud or both.
- Enhanced productivity – Geared towards intuitive user experience, Windows 10 has built-in tools and features to help people collaborate and work efficiently.
Keep up-to-date with the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more. Click here to find out more about Office 365.
- Work anywhere – Office 365 gives you the capability to work from anywhere as long as you can connect to the internet.
- Get more done – Get the Office apps with built-in AI tools and online file storage and sharing.
- Work better together – Collaborate, share, and communicate with flexible tools that go where your team goes.
- Build your business – Get more customers and improve the efficiency of your business operations.
- Safeguard your data – Help protect your company against external threats and leaks with built-in privacy and compliance tools.
Email and calendar
Outlook and Exchange ensure you can keep up-to-date with your colleagues and customers.
Enjoy up to 1TB of cloud-based storage.
Data protection controls
Help keep business data secure on personal and company-owned devices.
Guard against unsafe attachments, suspicious and other malware that could threaten your business.
- Identity and access management – This allows secure connections between people, devices, apps and data.
- Information protection – Ensure that your sensitive data is protected in motion and when shared by gaining visibility and control over how files are used.
- Threat protection – Protect your organisation with adaptive, built-in intelligence by detecting advanced threats, compromised identities and malicious actions across on-premises and cloud environments.
- Unified endpoint management – Flexible management and powerful security solutions allow you to deliver protected mobile experiences on any device.
- Cloud access security broker – Have the ability to respond to and combat cyber threats by gaining access to cloud apps and services.
Administration and deployment
Manage PCs and devices quickly and easily.
How can we help?
Cambridge Support work closely with you to understand your business requirements to help put together the most relevant and cost-effective package for you.
For more information take a look at the Microsoft 365 Business Description article.
Our team of IT experts can help implement your new service.