Posted: October 2023
Cambridge Support is a multi-award-winning IT services organisation focused on working with small and medium sized organisations offering next generation IT services. We focus on cloud platforms such as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, as well as support businesses with on-premises infrastructure.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for individuals with experience in the IT sector who can demonstrate the ability to understand customer service, client needs and working with our technical team offering solutions to meet those needs.
As an IT Consultant you’ll work in partnership with both our clients and our Service Delivery Teams providing strategic guidance on how to use technology to meet their business objectives and overcome problems. You will also support the businesses sales process by providing pre-sales experience in solution design or new services. Our IT Consultants will also provide a top tier escalation point for our team of experienced helpdesk engineers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science Degree or other suitable certifications.
- Two or more years of commercial experience supporting customers.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to communicate at all levels.
- Good understanding of and working within ITIL framework.
- Familiar with working to SLA’s and KPI’s to meet agreed customer requirements.
- Have or working towards MCP/MCSE/MCSA/MCITP qualifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies and platforms.
- Familiar with Virtualisation, Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure AD and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Experience of networking including DNS, DHCP, firewalls, routers, and managed network switches.
- Familiarity with managed IT services environments.
- Able to communicate effectively and record work details in a ticketing system shared with our clients.
- Enthusiastic and willing to develop your technical and soft skill proficiency.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with colleagues in non-technical roles.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy.
- Calm, confident manner able to work effectively under pressure, and keep to deadlines.
- Solution focused and flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Happy to travel as needed.
- Perform a whole range of IT initiatives and projects.
- Travel to client sites.
- Meet with clients to understand their requirements and business objectives.
- Design IT systems and networks; define software and hardware requirements, ensuring the right architecture and functionality.
- Examine IT systems for potential threats to its security and integrity. Draw up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised.
- Present solutions in written or oral reports that are clear, concise and suit the client who may or may not be IT literate.
- Plan timescales and the resources needed.
- Design, test, install and monitor new systems.
- Prepare documentation and present progress reports to clients.
- Organise training for users and other consultants.
The key responsibilities and accountability’s highlighted in this job are indicative and may vary over time. Job holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level, and scope of this role.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Salary range £30k to £50k based on ability and experience.
- Annual Profit Related Bonus.
- 40 Hours per week.
- 34 Days holiday per annum including public holidays and Birthday leave.
- Contributory Company Pension.
- Health cash plans giving you cash back on essential health care such as dental and eye care as well as access to valuable health and well-being services.
- Regular company-funded team socials.
The Company values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The Company has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
and references will be required.
We love what we do, work hard, play hard and are looking for individuals that are passionate about their chosen career. If that is you, please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org